- Commenters: What data do we collect?
- Our Customers: What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Where do we store your data?
- Data Processors and Controllers (GDPR)
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
Commenters: What data do we collect?
When you comment with FastComments, WinrickLabs LLC collects the following data:
- Your user name.
- Your email. (if you have provided it)
Our Customers: What data do we collect?
When you become a customer, WinrickLabs LLC collects the following data via FastComments:
- Your Name (First, Last, Middle).
- Your Company Name.
- Your Email.
- Your Address.
- Your Credit Card Information.*
- Your IP Address.**
**We do not store raw IP Addresses of those that comment, or use FastComments as a discussion platform. We hash those ip addresses with a salt for administration features. Tenants can opt out of this behavior.
In no way do our tenants have access to your IP Address or the hashed version.
For Enterprise customers, or those with the Audit Log feature, administrative actions do result in IP addresses being logged based on your requirements.
How do we collect your data?
We collect data and process data when you:
- Comment and provide your email. Some sites allow anonymous commenting. *In this case we do not collect any personal information.*
- Sign up as a customer.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
How will we use your data?
WinrickLabs LLC collects your data so that FastComments can:
- Process your subscription and manage your account.
- Send you notifications and account alerts.
Send you an email to ask for a review.
- We will share your email with TrustPilot, who will send up to two follow up emails and no more. Reach out to support if you'd like to create an account without sharing your email with TrustPilot.
How do we store your data?
FastComments goes go great lengths to store as little information as possible. We may not store any information that can tie a comment to you as an individual (unless you use a username that makes such a thing obvious).
Some of our customers, which we refer to as tenants, require us to store a hashed version of your IP Address for our moderation tools. We combine the IP with a secure salt before hashing.
We store all information in our secured infrastructure hosted by Linode.
Live backups of our databases in each region are stored by Hetzner in the same region.
If you comment with your email on a site that uses FastComments, FastComments will retain your email indefinitely to send you notifications. However, you can delete this information by either entering a bogus information as an email in the account edit page or by deleting your account.
Where do we store your data?
FastComments is a multi-region SaaS product. As such, we are expected to have availability and serve data close to our customers.
For most of our customers, their account, and their user's comments, are replicated globally across multiple datacenters.
In the case of the EU, or accounts created from eu.fastcomments.com, that data stays in the EU. It is not replicated to any other regions.
EU tenants also use the EU equivalent data processors to keep account related information in the EU.
Data Processors and Controllers (GDPR)
FastComments uses the following data processors:
- Linode (our hosting company)
- Hetzner (backup hosting company)
- Mailgun (one of our email service providers)
- Sendinblue (one of our email service providers)
- Stripe (our payment service provider)
- OpenAI (for spam detection, if a tenant opts-in to this feature)
We currently do not use any of the information you provide for marketing purposes.
What are you data protection rights?
WinrickLabs LLC would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request WinrickLabs LLC for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request WinrickLabs LLC correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request WinrickLabs LLC to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that WinrickLabs LLC erase your personal data.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that WinrickLabs LLC restrict the processing of your personal data.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to WinrickLabs LLC's processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that WinrickLabs LLC transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: Click to Show Email
What are cookies?
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in.
- Calendly Meeting Scheduling.
Additionally, for our marketing site only, WinrickLabs LLC uses tracking cookies on FastComments to:
- Help us improve our advertising.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies. When you comment with FastComments, we use only the following types of cookies:
- Functionality - WinrickLabs LLC uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and our customer's websites. This way we can make the commenting experience much easier. Only first party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: Click to Show Email
Call us at: Click to Show Phone Number
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel the need that WinrickLabs LLC has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office here.